Search This Blog

06 December 2009

Ten-Tec 1340: Phase 1 construction

I completed phase of the the 7 construction phases for the Ten-Tec 1340. It took several hours. Fortunately my soldering technique was fine. Finished work shows shiny solder and good wicking. I must say the kit documentation continues to be problematic as it sometimes fails to provide good direction in terms of component installation.


I was really glad to have the "third hand" tool as it made soldering significantly easier, not to mention that having a good magnifier makes soldering and checking my work much easier.

Won't be able to move on to phase 2 until I have the power supply and DMM. In the meantime, I'm reading sections of the ARRL handbook on antennas, propagation and transmission lines. Great stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment