Search This Blog

02 March 2010

VFO construction


I've finally resumed construction on my TenTec 1340 QRP kit.  The photos here show completed work on the VFO section.










Once again I am indebted to K7QO for his very valuable step by step photo guide to building this rig. I referred to his guide numerous times to verify correct component placement and selection when the supplied documentation fell a bit short.







Photo below shows the setup for VFO testing. After creating and then fixing an inadvertent solder bridge in the late stages of this section I was a little worried I might have more repair work on my hands. But after I hooked the PC board and the ICOM to my power supply, powered up, tuned the ICOM to 4 Mhz, and tuned the VFO a bit I heard the sweet sound of success! A clear tone from 1340 right where it should it have been.


Next, I need to adjust the toroid coil to set the frequency range.


No comments:

Post a Comment