Search This Blog

17 July 2011

OHR 100A is completed

I completed the OHR 100A last week. The receive side of the rig worked fine right out of the gate, all I had to do was tweak the VFO (L114) to get it in range for the low end of 20m (14.020). Having no main station XCVR I used my trusty Hallicrafters SX-130 to find a station near the low end that I could also find on the OHR 100A.

On the transmit side, there appears to be a problem with either the wiring on my straight or with the straight key jack itself. May possibly have a cold solder joint on the key jack. I'll troubleshoot and resolve the issue this week.

I still need to build and install the OHR 100A keyer unit. Hope to get that done this week.

Can't wait to get active on 20m again. Propagation last night was very good. Heard stations from Russia, Estonia and Ukraine as well as Hawaii, Virginia and Cuba, all with just my simple dipole wrapped tightly around my house.

Also looking forward to seeing how my S9 tunes up on 20m.

No comments:

Post a Comment