Search This Blog

27 October 2009

Going stealth

Decided to move antennas (well, at least HF antennas) up into the attic. Climbed up there this past weekend and started installing the thinwall 15m dipole as an inverted vee.

When I was outside on the porch testing the dipole install, my new neighbor was outside and thought I was about to install a privacy curtain between our houses! I guess he thought the dipole was the curtain mounting hardware. I assured him it was nothing like that, just an amateur radio antenna. He thought it was pretty cool.

So, the two legs are now mounted to the rafters. I've ordered some coax and a low-power balun. Once those arrive I'll be back on the air. There is room for other antennas, but it's tricky moving around since there are no floor boards.

If nothing else, the antenna is mounted 10 feet higher. Can't wait to see if this improves things.


No comments:

Post a Comment