Search This Blog

29 September 2009

My old keys

This is the first key I ever used when I was first licensed in 1969 as WN2MFW in New York. My Dad had this key from when he was a radioman in the US Coast Guard during WWII. Although the plastic housing on the back of the unit is cracked, the rest of the key is built like a tank and still has a great feel.

I removed the large knob mounted on top of the large disk. I still have this key at my operating position, ready for straight key nights.

The second key I owned was a Vibroplex, a real pleasure to use and, sad to say, after all these years I lost track of it somewhere along the way in all the moves we did from NY to FL to CT to MI to CT to MA and finally to ID.

Nice to stroll down memory lane occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment