Search This Blog

18 June 2011

Next kit project: OHR 100A 20m QRP CW XCVR

Although I really enjoy my NorCal 40A 40m CW QRP XCVR, I've been wanting to expand my operating horizons and be able to operate during more than night time hours. So I decided to build the Oak Hills Research 100A 20M QRP CW transceiver.

I opted for the the memory keyer as well as the 10-turn pot for finer tuning.

I had been considering the NorCal Sierra, and really liked its ability to accommodate multiple bands, but decided to go with the OHR 100A for a different kit building experience.

The rig operates in the 12-13.8V range which is perfect for the power sources I use.

Not sure if I will add the frequency counter, although it might be a good piece of gear to own since it serves as test gear too.

I'm hoping to receive the OHR 100A by June 25 and complete it by mid-July or so. Looking forward to operating 20M again, not to mention working with my S9 and trying other smaller antennas that I really can't erect at the house due to space restrictions.

No comments:

Post a Comment