Search This Blog

24 November 2010

Elecraft T1: Construction update

Had contacted Elecraft tech support about a problem with a resistor reading. Couldn't get the component to read the expected resistance. Elecraft said some DMMs have problems reading component values in circuits with semiconductors. They advised to press on with construction. Their advice proved correct.

I completed assembly this evening!

- Ran final tests on the unit at my "bench". (Had to move upstairs from the garage as outside temperatures were hovering around 0F.) T1 checked out fine.
- Moved down to the garage. Connected T1 to a dummy load and ran additional tests. All checked out fine.
- Connected T1 to my dipole and NorCal 40A.
- Ran tests. All checked out fine.
- Antenna tuned and was putting out 2-3 watts, as expected.

Unfortunately, 40m band conditions were not good this evening. So, I'll be on early Thanksgiving morning to see if conditions have improved to make my QSO with the new tuner.

My plan is to participate in this weekend's CQ WW CW contest which starts Friday at 0000Z.

No comments:

Post a Comment