Search This Blog

17 November 2009

Ten-Tec 1340

I've decided to build a Ten-Tec 1340 QRP xcvr. Looks like a great kit that should be a good way for me to get back into kit building at a level where I can brush up my skills and challenge myself as well. Kit costs about $12o USD plus, Ten-Tec includes a free 2009 ARRL handbook, which I need anyway so that just sweetened the deal for me.

I chose the 1340 because 40m is such a reliable band for propagation even during the current sunspot minimum.

Ten-Tec's site has an amazing, free 330-page PDF provided by Chuck Adams, K7QO. Chuck's manual takes builders step-by-step through the process with excellent photos and insights to help you avoid making rookie mistakes along the way. Thanks, Chuck!

Not sure when UPS ground shipping will get the kit from Tennessee to Idaho but I'm hoping it will be no more than a few weeks.

Till then, Im studying K7QO's manual.

No comments:

Post a Comment